February 21, 2026
Model Arrested in Alleged $1 Million Designer Heist at SoHo Boutique

Model Arrested in Alleged $1 Million Designer Heist at SoHo Boutique

New York City, New York — A 21-year-old fashion model has been arrested in connection with what police describe as a brazen, four-minute heist that netted nearly $1 million worth of luxury merchandise from a high-end SoHo boutique.

According to the New York City Police Department, Abdallah Diaby was taken into custody on Feb. 19 and charged with:

  • Grand larceny
  • Burglary
  • Criminal possession of stolen property

Diaby was arraigned in Manhattan Criminal Court and released under supervision without bail. He has pleaded not guilty. His next court date is scheduled for March 18.

Dramatic Early-Morning Break-In

The robbery occurred Dec. 1, 2025, at 4Gseller, a private luxury boutique located on Spring Street in Manhattan’s SoHo neighborhood.

Investigators say Diaby and three other suspects allegedly carried out an elaborate early-morning burglary around 4:10 a.m., arriving in a silver Ford SUV and reportedly disguising themselves as construction workers.

Police say the group stole approximately 20 Saint Laurent jackets, 30 handbags, 20 belts and other high-end items in just over four minutes.

Boutique owner Tommy Macari described the theft as “like the movies,” telling reporters that the suspects appeared to know exactly what they were targeting.

“They took a lot of one-of-one, high-end merchandise,” Macari said. “Brands like Chrome Hearts and Saint Laurent — a lot of custom pieces.”

Security footage allegedly shows merchandise being dropped from a balcony to an accomplice waiting below, who then rushed the items to the getaway vehicle.

The suspects were reportedly inside the store for just four and a half minutes before fleeing.

Macari said the NYPD arrived approximately 91 seconds after the group left.

Boutique Operates by Appointment Only

Unlike traditional retail shops, 4Gseller operates primarily through private showroom appointments.

“It’s not an open door. You have to be buzzed up,” Macari previously said. “They knew what they were looking for.”

Residents living above the boutique reported being awakened by unusual noises during the break-in.

“We were awakened by a crashing sound,” one resident told local media. “We didn’t know what it was.”

Another neighbor suggested the suspects may have had inside knowledge of the inventory.

“It was not an advertised store. It’s not something like on the street,” the resident said.

Read Also: Pennsylvania Man Sentenced After Killing 82-Year-Old Mother and Hiding Body Under Couch

Modeling Career and Ongoing Investigation

Before his arrest, Diaby was reportedly represented by TWO MGMT. The agency has not publicly commented on the charges.

Authorities have not announced whether the remaining suspects have been identified or arrested. If convicted on the felony charges, Diaby could face significant prison time.

The case highlights the increasing boldness of high-end retail thefts in major metropolitan areas — particularly in neighborhoods known for luxury goods.

What are your thoughts on this high-profile burglary case? Share respectfully in the comments below.

Donna Mansfield

Donna Mansfield

Donna Mansfield is a dedicated reporter with a passion for delivering clear, concise news that matters. She covers local and national stories with accuracy and integrity.

View all posts by Donna Mansfield →

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *