New Teacher Features 2018

Alisha Andrew
David Petty
Katherine Ryan
Elena Maimonis
Jacob Page
Solmaaz Yazdiha
Parul Matani
Samuel Dreyfus
Sarah Cowett
Andrew Crepeau

Elena Cruz-Lopez

Evan Suk, Staff Writer

Elena Cruz-Lopez is a new Spanish teacher at the high school. She is 42 years old and has previously taught in Boston as well as Madrid, Spain.   Could you give me a short summary of your teaching background? I taught English in Spain, in Madrid for ten years at a private university, and then I came here to Boston and taught Spanish at the Commonwealth school in Boston for 6 years. An...

Graciela Mohamedi

Erika Sanchez, Staff Writer

Graciela Mohamedi is a physics teacher at the high school. Her mother is from Puerto Rico, and her father is from Nigeria. She is a Brookline parent of two. One of her children goes to the high school, and the other is an eighth grader at the Lincoln School. In her free time, she likes to hang out with her kids. One of her favorite memories is an apple picking trip she went on with her daughter and h...

Denzel Scarlett
Abrom Roberts
Beau Morimando
Brendan O’Connell
Dorian Lamb
Erica Omahoney
Emily Cotchett
Emily Gray
Erin Wallace

Guiomar Peran-Swartz

Peter Finnerty, Staff Writer

Growing up in a family of educators herself, first-year Spanish teacher Guiomar Peran-Swartz has continued her family’s tradition of teaching, except she is nearly 5,000 miles away from her native Spain. Though she went to college in her hometown at the Complutense University of Madrid, she decided to move to across the Atlantic to America soon after she graduated. This past summer she went back to S...

Kaitlyn O’Malley
Hayley Brower

The Sagamore • Copyright 2021 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in