Driscoll Teacher Feature: Suzie Talukdar

Suzie+Talukdar+is+the+principal+at+the+Michael+Driscoll+Elementary+School.++

Suzie Talukdar is the principal at the Michael Driscoll Elementary School.

IAN ANDRES/SCHOLARS SAGAMORE

IAN ANDRES/SCHOLARS SAGAMORE

IAN ANDRES/SCHOLARS SAGAMORE

Ian Andres, Scholars Staff Writer

Suzie Talukdar is the principal at the Michael Driscoll Elementary School. She has been working at Driscoll for a year.  Her mission is to make sure staff, teachers and especially students can get the most out of their learning experiences. She has always wanted to be a leader in education because her family emphasized the importance of it.

Who inspires you?

My parents were very inspirational to me because they immigrated here from another country and I think a lot about the sacrifices they had to make in order to pick up and leave. That was a choice they made and some people are forced to move and obviously hundreds of years ago people were taken from their country. So I am very fortunate they made that choice but I really think about the hard work and emphasis they placed on education. They have really always been my inspiration and I think knowing how much they sacrificed so that my sister and I could live the American dream.

What inspired you to be a principal?

There are lots of things that inspire me, but at the end of the day what I think most about is how can students get the most out of their school experience – when it comes to academics and learning how to be a productive citizen. Those are the two things that I care about the most. I think about how I can contribute to this world.

If you could have another job in the world what would it be?

To be honest I love the job just as much is being a mom, so I don’t know if I would trade it in for anything because it is great. I get to work with kids who are excited to learn, I get to know their families and work alongside with them. I am a strong believer in education – my parents always emphasized how important that is, so everyday is a learning opportunity for me. so I can be a leader in education in other ways and maybe someday I will do that and maybe someday I will work in a different capacity. I love working with kids and anything that allows me to work with young people is what I want to be doing.