Player Profile: Kay Takinami, boys varsity football

Sascha Wolf-Sorokin, Staff Writer

1502869_495437910599101_7260458354362147332_o

PHOTO PROVIDED BY RICHARD SHEOLA

If you could be any one of your teammates, who would you be and why?

Probably Max . He’s a really hard working dude. He probably has the best work ethic on our team, and he’s just a really good football player.

What professional athlete in football do you admire most and why?

I like Darren Sproles. He’s a running back on the Eagles. He’s just this small guy like me. And he’s really shifty, he overcomes the size thing where you have to be really big.

What is your mindset before games?

I’m a senior so every game could be my last. I just try to enjoy every moment.PGRpdj4NCjxpZnJhbWUgc3JjPScvL3d3dy5odWRsLmNvbS9lbWJlZC9hdGhsZXRlLzMxNTk5NjQvaGlnaGxpZ2h0cy8yMDM5MjgzODcnIHdpZHRoPScxMDAlJyBoZWlnaHQ9JzM2MCcgZnJhbWVib3JkZXI9JzAnIGFsbG93ZnVsbHNjcmVlbj48L2lmcmFtZT4NCjwvZGl2Pg0KPHA+VklERU8gUFJPVklERUQgQlkgS0FZIFRBS0lOQU1JPC9wPg0KwqANCsKgWhat was your goal for this season?

This season my goal was just to help the younger guys out. I think the problems in past years were that the younger kids weren’t getting as involved. I tried to talk to all the younger kids and make them feel welcome and more confident.

Where do you see football taking you in the future?

I don’t really intend to play football past high school, but I think it just teaches you life lessons about friendship bonds and it gives you a good work ethic.

What’s your favorite memory from playing football?

When I scored my first touchdown. I was out all of sophomore year with an injury, so coming back junior year and getting my first touchdown on varsity was really nice.