• March 27School Committee Meeting: March 30 at 6:00 PM in the Walsh School Committee Room, 5th Floor, Town Hall.

• March 27 Brookline High School Dance Marathon for Boston Children’s Hospital: April 13th from 6:30 to 8:30 pm at the Brookline Teen Center.

• March 27College panel for students with learning differences will be held on Tuesday, April 4th at 7 pm in the MLK room

Review: Grease

What's shakin'? The cast of Grease poses at the end of the musical number Shakin' at the High School Hop. PROVIDED BY ALEXIS RAITT

Jamie Martinez, Staff Writer

Go, Greased Lightning! Packed with stunningly choreographed dance numbers, talented singers and captivating showtunes, Grease, the high school’s 2017 musical, was a hit. The musical follows the trials and tribulations of the relationship between Danny Zuko, played by sophomore Diego Echeverria de Cordova, and Sandy, played by junior Emily Gerson. In the musical, Danny and Sandy had a summer fling, but Danny is surprised when Sandy shows up as a new student at his high school, Rydell High School.

PROVIDED BY ALEXIS RAITT

De Cordova’s voice was crystal clear and very strong throughout the entire performance. A particularly strong performance was the number, Alone at the Drive-in Movie, when Danny laments how Sandy turns him down on date night. He seemed to fill the massive stage with his simple movements and impressive singing. Regardless of the volume of the microphones, which unfortunately changed all too often in the midst of dialogue or song, De Cordova’s voice came through powerfully.

One of the Pink Ladies, the girls’ group at Rydell High School, was Rizzo, portrayed by senior Elena Usui. Usui’s character was sassy and wild, all while maintaining an air of grace and poise. The song where Rizzo mocks Sandy’s good-girl demeanor, Sandra Dee, was executed perfectly with just the right mix of mockery and of the nonchalant tone that she maintained throughout the entire show.

The entire cast was energetic throughout the duration of the show and seemed genuinely ecstatic to be a part of the production. Grease teaches us that sometimes we must sacrifice things for true love, through many visually exciting set changes to costumes and the mannerisms of the actors.