ROM: Fuel America

SOFIA GEORGAKLIS / SAGAMORE STAFF

SOFIA GEORGAKLIS / SAGAMORE STAFF

Sofia Georgaklis, Sports Managing Editor

Fuel America is a beautifully decorated coffee shop in Brighton, MA. From the second our party of four walked in the door, we were overcome by a relaxed atmosphere that put us all in the mood to do some homework with a delicious cup of coffee.

We walked to the counter to order and were greeted by friendly staff. Food and drinks were prepared carefully and quickly.

The loose-leaf tea menu was extensive; the blue cornflower earl grey ($2.69, small) was a delightful black tea with some floral hints, which was perfect for a caffeine fix or to soothe a sore throat. The hot chamomile tea ($2.69, small) was soothing, fragrant, smooth, and pleasant.

The Chai Latte ($3.69) was a perfect treat for a chilly fall day. The mix of spices combined with its creamy consistency and the perfect hint of sweetness made for a delicious and comforting drink.

SOFIA GEORGAKLIS / SAGAMORE STAFF

SOFIA GEORGAKLIS / SAGAMORE STAFF

The lemonade ($2.59) was perfect for a hot summer day or a post-workout treat. It was icy and refreshing, with a rejuvenating tangy splash. We particularly liked that it wasn’t overly sweet.

The Mediterranean Salad ($6.99) came in a clean white bowl and was beautifully presented. It consisted of a bed of fresh romaine lettuce topped with colorful vegetables and feta cheese.

SOFIA GEORGAKLIS / SAGAMORE STAFF

SOFIA GEORGAKLIS / SAGAMORE STAFF

The egg and cheese sandwich ($4.99) was very thick, filling, satisfying, and, of course, cheesy. The ciabatta bread it came on was deliciously chewy and soft.

The West Coast sandwich ($8.29) consisted of soft brie cheese and fig spread topped with fresh mix of salads. It satisfied both our sweet and salty cravings, and came with nut-free pesto.

The Cuban sandwich ($6.99), presented in an unremarkable but clean design, contained perfectly crisp pickles and a delightful dijonnaise sauce. The slow roasted pork was a slightly sweet touch that absolutely enhanced the sandwich. The Cuban is a perfect sandwich to “fuel” you up before you get started on homework.

more-sandwich-3

SOFIA GEORGAKLIS / SAGAMORE STAFF The West Coast sandwich ($8.29) delighted staff at Fuel America in Brighton. The colorful array of food and drink prove pleasing to restaurant-goers.

Fuel America is a perfect place to meet up with friends or work on a paper. The coffee shop has great lighting and comfortable seating. Prices were reasonable and food was fast and delicious. But beware, it is close to the Boston College campus, so tables can be scarce.

Sofia Georgaklis can be contacted at bhs.sagamore@gmail.com