• April 24Class Of 2020 Parent/Caregiver's Meeting: Wednesday, May 3 from 7-8 pm in the Cafeteria

• April 24The Food Justice Club is hosting a food drive from April 26th to May 4th

ROM: Bottega Fiorentina

Bottega Fiorentina, a small Italian eatery, is located in Coolidge Corner. ETHAN GAINSBORO / SAGAMORE STAFF

Although the restaurant looked quite small, an elegant smell of genuine Italian food filled the entire eatery. The aroma, combined with the plentiful selection of entrees and warm, friendly service, made for a quality midday meal.

Screenshot 2016-03-10 at 4.22.59 PM

The Fettucini Alfredo ($5.34) was rich and flavorful. ETHAN GAINSBORO / SAGAMORE STAFF

Bottega Fiorentina, located in Coolidge Corner, serves quality food at reasonable prices. The restaurant appeals to a wide range of customers, including high school students, due to its low prices, reasonable portion sizes and relatively central locality.

When our party went to the restaurant for lunch, the service was fairly quick despite the busy hour, and the staff was extremely friendly. The cooks volunteered their own personal favorites, which helped us decide which meal we wanted to order. The overall feeling of the restaurant reflected the atmosphere of an authentic Italian eatery.

The Fettucini Alfredo ($5.34) was by far the best out of the three items we ordered. In particular, its sauce was rich and flavorful, and there was a large amount of food.

The Eggplant Lasagna ($8.51) had a lot of texture and mixed creamy ricotta, tomatoes and medium-sliced eggplant, resulting in a delicious sauce-based dish. Chicken with Wine and Mushroom sauce ($10.69) was tasty and had a delectable, subtle flavor that dressed the tenderly-cooked meat.

Screenshot 2016-03-10 at 4.23.10 PM

The Chicken with Wine and Mushroom sauce ($10.69) was flavorful, and the meat cooked just right. ETHAN GAINSBORO / SAGAMORE STAFF

The best part of the meal, however, was the slice of Italian bread which came with each order. The bread’s soft, aromatic interior paired well with the texture of the crust.

The only knock against Bottega Fiorentina was its small dining area. When our group got to the restaurant, the ten or so seats that were in the restaurant were all taken, forcing our party to take out our dishes.

The restaurant also lacked room for customers to stand in. Besides the counter area where we ordered our meal, there was not much more standing space, as the majority of the space was taken up a by a picnic table located in the middle of the eatery.

Bottega Fiorentina earned a 4.5 out of 5 stars because of its great food and low prices. It would have gotten a 5 out of 5 if it had a better spacial arrangement and offered more seating.